Splunk Enterprise

Piping from 'map' to get average as a single number per device?

winknotes
Path Finder

I'm using the map command to iterate through a list of devices and forecasting some of the metrics associated with each device.  That's all working but what I really want is to then average the returned results down to a single number per device.  

The query returns 104 rows per device.  I want to be able to average them as a single number per device but no matter what I pipe to it simply returns all of the data.  

I'd appreciate some guidance on making this work.  

| inputlookup array_stats.csv 
| dedup Array_Name 
| map maxsearches=1000 search="
    inputlookup array_stats.csv 
    | search Array_Name=$Array_Name$
    | timechart avg(IOPS) as avgIOPS avg(ReadRT) as avgReadRT avg(WriteRT) as avgWriteRT values(Array_Name) as ArrayName span=1d
    | predict "avgIOPS" as predIOPS "avgReadRT" as predReadRT "avgWriteRT" as predWriteRT  future_timespan=14 
| eventstats avg(avgIOPS) avg(avgReadRT) avg(avgWriteRT) avg(predIOPS) avg(predReadRT) avg(predWriteRT) by ArrayName"

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does using stats instead of eventstats in the last line help?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does using stats instead of eventstats in the last line help?

0 Karma

winknotes
Path Finder

Yes it did!!  I could have sworn I tried that before but I guess not.  Thank you for the help.  

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...