Splunk Enterprise

Performance metrics to monitor Search heads and Indexers

dvohra
Explorer

Hi All,

I have recently migrated Splunk from Physical to VM machines and wondering if anyone can help me how can I monitor the performance of Search head and Indexers. It would be great if someone share any Splunk query.

PS: MC is already installed on CM. Let me know if there is any other approach or MC is enough.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Running and monitoring Splunk on VMs is the same as doing so on physical hardware with the addition of monitoring the host system(s).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dvohra
Explorer

Can you tell me the way to monitor these performances irrespective of hardware.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I like to use the Monitoring Console.  If I find a MC visualization I like I sometimes click on the magnifying glass icon so I can use it in a separate dashboard or alert.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...