Splunk Enterprise

Missing Folders/Files

shinobu
Explorer

Hello,

I'm quite new to Splunk and recently installed an instance on a debian machine. When trying to upload a log File i got the Issue that the depth_limit in limits.conf was not big enough to execute the operation.

The documentation states that the default file is located under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/default/ und the custom configurations are stored under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/. 

But neither of these folders exist inside the splunk home directory.  Any ideas why and what i can do to achive it?

I hope you can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

0 Karma

ericjorgensenjr
Path Finder

Which method did you use to install Splunk, and where are you looking for $SPLUNK_HOME? Typically Splunk is installed in the /opt directory, so the paths will expand to /opt/splunk/etc/system/default/ and /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/

0 Karma

shinobu
Explorer

Thank you for your fast reply. I used deb installation package and I was looking the in paths you mentioned.

0 Karma

ericjorgensenjr
Path Finder

It sounds to me like your install didn't successfully take place. What do you get when you run:

dpkg --status splunk
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...