Splunk Enterprise

Lookup Editor edit issue

AKG1_old1
Builder

Hello,

We have upgraded Lookup editor app to latest version but looks like there is a bug when editing the lookup.

When I am changing some thing in lookup and try to save lookup those changes are not applied. (when changing one cell value at a time then its working chaning multiple cell having problem)

Recently new version released (3.4.2) with fix of this issue but its not working either.  I have tried to install older version (3.3.3 , 3.4.0, and 3.4.1) and having the same issue.

Just wanted to check if this bug is still there in these version or I am missing some thing.

Splunk Enterprise Version : 8.0.3

Update : Looks like this issue is only with Enterprise 8.0.3 version. I just tested it with 8.0.1 and it was working fine. when upgraded again on 8.0.3 its not working .

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

@LukeMurphey  Hi Luke, Will yo be able to guide me on this issues.

0 Karma

Spranta
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, we have got the same problems editing kvstores. Copy a line will be added 8 times, change values isn't working every time. We are using this tool nearly everyday. But now it's really hard to get the right changes...

Downgrading doesn't help,  even if we install a very old version we get the latest mask... 😞

Our Splunk Version is the 7.3.4

0 Karma

Spranta
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We just found out it's not the lookup editor itself. We change our authentication methode from ldap to saml. Using SAML the lookup editor is behaving really strange, switching back to ldap everythings fine. Seems to be a permission issue  - we are still investigating.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...