Splunk Enterprise

Looking to finalize dashboard panel searches sooner than later

johnmvang
Path Finder

I have dashboard panels which set token values with $result.<field_name>$, however our environment is a little congested and the searches will sit at 99% or 98.9 or 100% but won't actually finalize until maybe 60-90 seconds later. I see the results are there and are what i'm expecting, however the tokens won't set unless the panel searches are finalized.

I've tried placing those tokens in the below 

<progress>
<condition match="'job.resultCount' &gt; 0">
<set token="abc">$result.field1$</set>
<set token="cba">$result.field2$</set>
</condition>
</progress>

but it still waits until the search finalizes before my other panels can utilize those tokens.

is there anyway to finalize panels after a set amount of time with an 'option' tag in the xml? or something?

0 Karma

johnmvang
Path Finder

i think i may have figured it out. i removed my <condition> tags and it just set it as progress took place. dumb me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...