Splunk Enterprise

Limited Splunk Access to Only One Dashboard

itsmevic
Communicator

Hey Splunkers!

Is it possible to give a Splunk user access to ONLY one dashboard in Splunk and nothing else, i.e., no searching, no reports, access to nothing but only that one dashboard?  If so, what's the best method to deploy access like this?  Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hey @itsmevic,

I suggest you to create a role for this specific user and creating an app to place this dashboard. I don't think Splunk supports denying access to apps just using roles, so I guess you will also have to remove permissions from this new created role on every app you have deployed in your instance.

You can make some modifications to your dashboard to hide some of Splunk menu bars, such as adding "hideEdit" and "hideSplunkBar" to your form XML:

<form hideChrome="false" hideAppBar="false" hideEdit="true" hideSplunkBar="true">

Also, for preventing user to go outside the app using the "open search" option, you can add this to your panel options:

<option name="link.openSearch.visible">false</option>
<option name="link.openPivot.visible">false</option>

I think this would be a good start for segregating access only to one dashboard.

View solution in original post

itsmevic
Communicator

Thanks, Alonso! 

0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hey @itsmevic,

I suggest you to create a role for this specific user and creating an app to place this dashboard. I don't think Splunk supports denying access to apps just using roles, so I guess you will also have to remove permissions from this new created role on every app you have deployed in your instance.

You can make some modifications to your dashboard to hide some of Splunk menu bars, such as adding "hideEdit" and "hideSplunkBar" to your form XML:

<form hideChrome="false" hideAppBar="false" hideEdit="true" hideSplunkBar="true">

Also, for preventing user to go outside the app using the "open search" option, you can add this to your panel options:

<option name="link.openSearch.visible">false</option>
<option name="link.openPivot.visible">false</option>

I think this would be a good start for segregating access only to one dashboard.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...