Splunk Enterprise

Knowledge Bundle (Searchpeer Bundle)- Replication Blacklist

mintutivo
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Due to some Performance Issues, Lookup/Dashboard failures, search failures and taking longtime to execute the searches. we have done some troubleshooting and come up with some exclusion list which needs to be blacklist. here I have few questions

1. how to blacklist these exclusion list? what will be the process and procedure that needs to be followed?
2. where should we blacklist? should we create any global App? is there any specific App or place to do this?

3. most of these are .csv files, Bin and Jar files.

I could see few splunk community answers, but I couldn't see any complete process or any procedure to follow.

Thanks in Advance, Appreciate your help!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps the manual at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.0/DistSearch/Limittheknowledgebundlesize#Eliminate_...will help.  The files to exclude from replication go in the [replicationBlacklist] stanza, which is similar to the [replicationWhitelist] stanza that is described in greater detail in the same manual.  The settings can go into any app, but apply to ALL apps so be careful.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mintutivo
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi Rich,

Thanks for providing the info. apart from that, I have few concerns here!

Should I create any App, and add these attributes/values to it (Replication Blacklist)?

OR 

can we Blacklist directly in Distsearch.conf (from /opt/splunk/etc/system/local on Search Head)?

please provide me any such info.

Thanks,

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can do it either way.  Since the changes affect all apps, I suggest putting the blacklist in etc/system/local.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...