Splunk Enterprise

Is it possible with Splunk Enterprise to input JSON logs into the instance and transform them to CEF format?

aneuharth93
Observer

Hello! 

Is it possible with Splunk Enterprise to input JSON logs into the instance and transform them to CEF format? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

allamiro
Path Finder

If you have the ability to output a file in CEF format, you may be able to use Splunk to output the file and then use a parser script to generate the CEF logs that you need. The feasibility of this approach depends on the specific use case and the logs that you are ingesting. This is a solution that I have developed in the past to convert json format for cisco logs to CEF 

https://medium.com/@tamirsuliman/convert-elk-json-format-to-cef-format-41730be67f36

0 Karma

aneuharth93
Observer

Sure thing! 

Currently, I am ingesting logs from Slack which come in JSON format. Our current SIEM solution does not have a good way to parse these. However, we can ingest CEF/syslog formats easily. 

So I am looking to ingest Slack logs, transform to a different data format, and forward it to our SIEM.

Please let me know if you need any further information, but that's the gist of it. 

Thank you

0 Karma

allamiro
Path Finder

it would b easier if you post a sample message of the json logs. you getting from slack 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please tell us more about what you want to do?  What is the use case?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...