Splunk Enterprise

Is there any method to compute separate totals?

nipseaedwin

Products, value

1, 10
2a, 5
2b , 8
3, 10
4a, 2
4b, 4
4c, 6
5, 8

Outcome that i would like:
total1 = 1 + 2a + 3 + 4a + 5
total2 = 1 + 2a + 3 + 4b + 5
total3 = 1 + 2a + 3 + 4c + 5
total4 = 1 + 2b + 3 + 4a + 5
total5 = 1 + 2b + 3 + 4b + 5
total6 = 1 + 2b + 3 + 4c + 5
* *where the number of (a,b,c...) for each product (1,2,3,4) is not fixed (min 1 - 99).*

Thank you so much.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I thought I had a glimmer of what you were asking, and was going to answer, but then I got stuck -

How does the sample data you provide related to the outcome? You have 1,10 in the first row of the former, but no reference to what to do with that in the latter. Where do we get the a, b or c? Is the a in "2a" the same a as in "4a" that adds/multiplies up to total1? And why is total2 got a 2a but a 4b instead of 4a? What determines that?

So I think it'll help to get you an answer if you could actually describe, step by step, how to get from the data to the answers that you want.

(For what it's worth, I have a suspicion this won't be a real hard thing to answer once it's described better.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How I Instrumented a Rust Application Without Knowing Rust

As a technical writer, I often have to edit or create code snippets for Splunk's distributions of ...

Splunk Community Platform Survey

Hey Splunk Community, Starting today, the community platform may prompt you to participate in a survey. The ...

Observability Highlights | November 2022 Newsletter

November 2022Observability CloudEnd Of Support Extension for SignalFx Smart AgentSplunk is extending the End ...