Splunk Enterprise

Is there a rest endpoint to take a peer offline temporarily?

vtalanki
Path Finder

Hi,

Is there a rest endpoint to take a peer offline temporarily?

I see one for decommissioning - 

curl -k -u admin:pass https://indexer:8089/services/cluster/slave/control/control/decommission

But seem like this is for permanent offline.

We are looking to take a peer offline temporarily..

Labels (1)
0 Karma

melcher
Explorer

@vtalanki I know this is a bit older but for you or anyone that is coming from Google search, the decommission API endpoint actually enacts the same as a splunk offline command. This means that it will take the indexer down temporarily and then later decommission the indexer should it not come back up in the allowed restart time. The same as what's found in the documentation: Take a peer offline - Splunk Documentation

If you want to take down host permanently, you need to add a -d enforce_counts=true parameter to your curl command. This does the same as a splunk offline --enforce-counts command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...