Splunk Enterprise

Is there a Splunk-only process for encrypting the email after embedding; or, encrypting the attached CSV file?

genesiusj
Builder

Hello,

Currently, our client receives daily emails with the data from the CSV file embedded in the email. Is there a Splunk-only process for encrypting the email after embedding; or, encrypting the attached CSV file? We know how to encrypt at the OS level, but want to know if can be done via Splunk only.

Example CSV file

Name  Address State......
John Smith 123 B'way, NY
Betty Boop 456 Main Street, NJ
etc...

Thanks in advance and God bless,
Genesius

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no such feature in Splunk. You’d have to develop it yourself. 

View solution in original post

genesiusj
Builder

@starcher Thanks. I figured as much, but no harm in asking.

God bless,
Genesius

0 Karma

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The traditional easiest solution is implement encryption between domains at your email gateway device. Or implement one capable of it. Then it won’t matter what or whom sends email to them. 

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no such feature in Splunk. You’d have to develop it yourself. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...