Splunk Enterprise

Is it possible to do KV store migration one server at a time over multiple days?

afolabia
Path Finder

I'm in a RHEL8, Splunk 8.2.6 distributed environment with single kvstore on each servers. Can Memory Mapped (MMAP) storage engine and WiredTiger storage engine exist in the same Splunk environment but on different servers in single instance? I will like to do the migration but one server at a time over multiple days.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

schose
Builder

Hi,

Can you be more precise what at your splunk environment looks like? If you mean you are running multiple single search head instances there is no communication between the kvstores and migrating vom mmap to wiredtiger one-by-one shouldn't be any issue. 

if you are kvstore heavily or big dataset try performance in a test environment. We have seen increases in search time up to 3x. 

best regards,

Andreas 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...