Splunk Enterprise

Is it posible to downgrade Splunk from free version to Splunk enterprise trial version?

hwakonwalk
Path Finder

Hi,
I was using a Enterprise trial version of Splunk for learning and then started working on a POC, it to me long time as I am new to Splunk and programing and the Splunk trial version expired and I upgraded to free version

Few of the features like alerts, DB connect, real-time searches and Splunk mobile app don't work with it. I want to downgrade again back to the trial version for some important demo's before I buy a license

Is it possible to install a new trial version again on the same machine?

Thanks,
Zubair

1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

*UP*grading to the downloaded enterprise trial license from the free license on an existing instance is not supposed to work. You have two options:

• Talk to your splunk sales rep or partner to get a sales trial license
  • Do the demo on a new instance - can be the same machine.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

*UP*grading to the downloaded enterprise trial license from the free license on an existing instance is not supposed to work. You have two options:

• Talk to your splunk sales rep or partner to get a sales trial license
  • Do the demo on a new instance - can be the same machine.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That sounds like a separate DB Connect or timestamping issue, do open a new question for that.

To check what license you're on, go to Settings -> Licensing.

0 Karma

hwakonwalk
Path Finder

Thank you very much Martin!
It is trial license and I'll open a new question for DB connect issue

0 Karma

hwakonwalk
Path Finder

I uninstalled the existing free version and downloaded and installed a trial version again, I still see some issues around Splunk DB connect as it changes the timestamp of my fresh stream of events to one month ago, Is there any way to check if I am using free or trial version?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...