Splunk Enterprise

Indexing Performance Drop-down Indexer (ServerName) is Wrong

gearmstrong
Path Finder

Good day folks,

After migrating and upgrading from 2016 DataCenter 'All-in-one' 8.0.0 to 2019 DataCenter Core 'All-in-one' 8.1.0.1 Build:24fd52428b5a I have noticed a few things don't seem to be populating with the new server name.

For example the Monitoring Console-> Indexing-> Indexing Performance: instance "Instance" Drop-down input box has the Old Server Name (only) and does not thereby produce any metrics for the new server.  I have verified and validated new name in Server.conf.  I have checked metrics.log and data is flowing. 

i  don't see anywhere I can edit this 'Report/Form' to obtain drop-down data.  Where else can I see where this drop-down is being populated from?

Thank you,

Greg

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gearmstrong
Path Finder

I just found the answer!  Apparently if you upgrade in the fashion that I did, you will need to go into General Setup for Monitoring Console (Monitoring Console-> Settings-> General Setup)... review and ensure settings do indeed reflect your current (new) Server Name and then click "Apply Changes" Button to reset config to new server.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gearmstrong
Path Finder

I just found the answer!  Apparently if you upgrade in the fashion that I did, you will need to go into General Setup for Monitoring Console (Monitoring Console-> Settings-> General Setup)... review and ensure settings do indeed reflect your current (new) Server Name and then click "Apply Changes" Button to reset config to new server.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Take a look in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/inputs.conf

On initial install this file also gets the original hostname written into it.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

gearmstrong
Path Finder

Thank you Nick,

Yes, that is one of the files that I had verified that also had correct Server Name in it in format below:

[default]
host = NewServerName.fqdn

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...