Splunk Enterprise

Index queue blocks Syslog and Indexer

lukessi
Path Finder

Hi,

I have data going to my indexers and also selective data going though a HF off to a 3rd party via Syslog.

I know splunk works off tubes and if one stops it blocks and queue's back up the chain.

Is there any one done something clever basically they have internet issues it stops any data on that HF going to my indexer. The only think I can think of doing is having another HF that proxy's the data and I set a large queue size and say drop data after so long. There for technically never causing a block on our side.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Have you already read this https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.5/Data/Usepersistentqueues ?

Personally I prefer to setup rsyslog servers with VIP/Loadbalancer to handle that spooling with persistent queues and enough storage. 
r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...