Splunk Enterprise

How to use btool command to find serverclass details for particular host mapped which app?

Hemnaath
Motivator

HI All,

I am looking for host mapped to a list of app in the serverclass using the btool command but unfortunately I am unable  to get details.

./splunk cmd btool serverclass list --app="test-fwd-p" --debug | grep -i "testhost*"  

Please correct me if the above syntax is in correct. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can get that information using Splunk's REST API with a search in the DS. Just change YOUR_HOST_NAME with your host name. you can throw a * in the end in case that host is presenting itself to the DS with the domain name.

| rest splunk_server=local /services/deployment/server/clients/ 
| fields name dns 
| search dns="YOUR_HOST_NAME*" 
| fields name dns 
| map search="
| rest splunk_server=local /services/deployment/server/applications/ 
| fields serverclasses* title 
| mvexpand serverclasses 
| search 
    [| rest splunk_server=local /services/deployment/server/clients/$name$ 
    | fieldsummary 
    | rex field=field "serverClasses\.(?<serverclasses>.*)\.\w+" 
    | fields serverclasses
    | dedup serverclasses ]
    | eval dns=$dns$" 
| fields dns serverclasses title

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.

Hemnaath
Motivator

Hey can I run this restapi query from my DMC, as I don't have DS gui access enabled. So when I run this query I am not getting any result. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You must 1st add your DS as peers to your MC. Then you can run this with changing splunk_server=local to splunk_server=<your DS name>

r. Ismo

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

when you are using. --app on btool it's using this app as defining precedence of config files like preferring this app. 

If I have understood right there is no way to get this information easily with btool. The best way to get this is planning things beforehand and using naming schema for server classes, apps and clients. I'm not sure if you could found that information from DS's $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/serverclass.xml?

Some blog posts which are good to read:

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...