Splunk Enterprise

How to transfer logs to the Splunk Server without open port?

fyd2
Engager

Dear Sir or Madam,

Could you please advise me about transferring logs to the Splunk server when there is no open port for listening?

The only open port is 80 which is reversed proxied to 8000 through Apache configurations for Splunk web UI as shown below:

<VirtualHost *:80>

ProxyPass         /  http://localhost:8000/                                                                                               

ProxyPassReverse  /  http://localhost:8000/                                                                                                               

</VirtualHost>

I Will be so grateful if you advise me about the best solution for transferring logs without opening an additional port?

I really appreciate your help and support.

Kind Regards,

Farid

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If Splunk is running on a separate server from where the data is stored then it is not possible to get the logs transferred without opening port 9997 (or whatever port you have designated for receiving data).

If the logs are on the same server then Splunk can read them directly without opening another port.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

fyd2
Engager

I really appreciate your help and support

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If Splunk is running on a separate server from where the data is stored then it is not possible to get the logs transferred without opening port 9997 (or whatever port you have designated for receiving data).

If the logs are on the same server then Splunk can read them directly without opening another port.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...