Splunk Enterprise

How to stop "First time on this page" prompt

beckfield

Every time I log into Splunk, I'm met with the following question: "It looks like this is your first time on this page. Would you like to take a quick tour?"

It is not my first time on the page - the page is bookmarked because I'm there every day. How do I get Splunk to stop asking this question? I tried completing the tour to see if that would 'trick' it into stopping, but no luck.

Splunk Enterprise
Version: 7.3.0
Build: 657388c7a488

Tags (1)
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Did you by chance initially start Splunk as root, and then switch to another user to run the process (like splunk)

It may be that the user splunk is currently running as can not modify some .conf files, so it can not record that the tour has been completed.

Check the permissions of this file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/admin/search/local/ui-tour.conf
(assuming you are admin - otherwise substitute for your name!)

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

beckfield

That path/file does not exist on my system. Splunk is not installed on my computer. I am accessing our corporate instance via a web browser on Windows 10. I am not a Splunk admin.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Welcome to Splunk answers

In ancy case, its nothing you (as an end user) are doing wrong, so I would raise this with your in-house admin team, and ask them to look into it.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

beckfield

Will do, thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...