Splunk Enterprise

How to set email domain as a field to get statistics on the alias

jjerman

I'm trying to setup a report/search so that I can get statistics on VPN users. We have a WatchGuard firewall.

We're using the free version of Splunk currently, so we cannot add the WatchGuard app.

Below are a sample of the log files. How can I setup a report or dashboard that will pull the domain (@Firebox-DB) as the field and the alias (the part before the @) as the field data?

SSL VPN user xyz@Firebox-DB
** user[xyz@Firebox-DB]
rcv rqst [TOsteen@Firebox-DB

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to install the WatchGuard app on the free version of Splunk. What happens when you try?

If it still doesn't work, you'll have to parse the events yourself. One way is with rex.

... | rex "(?<alias>\w+)@(?<domain>.*)" | ...
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should be able to install the WatchGuard app on the free version of Splunk. What happens when you try?

If it still doesn't work, you'll have to parse the events yourself. One way is with rex.

... | rex "(?<alias>\w+)@(?<domain>.*)" | ...
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jjerman

Thanks for the rex command! When I manually add the WatchGuard app it shows up in the Dashboard, but when I open it, "the requested page could not be found".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...