Splunk Enterprise

How to remove quotes from Inputlookup?

hillsmtb7
Explorer

Hey All,

I have the following issue.  There is a lookup table I am using within a query in where some items are returned with quotes and some are not.  I have the following query and I need to ensure all the results are returned without quotes.

hillsmtb7_1-1653498339716.png

My final query looks as follows:

hillsmtb7_2-1653498482175.png

I know these quotes are causing issues with my final lookups.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try something like this (run anywhere sample search, adjust per your need)

| makeresults | eval temp=split("This is #sample #search with format# command","#") | table temp| mvexpand temp | rename temp as search | format | eval search=replace(search,"\"","")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try something like this (run anywhere sample search, adjust per your need)

| makeresults | eval temp=split("This is #sample #search with format# command","#") | table temp| mvexpand temp | rename temp as search | format | eval search=replace(search,"\"","")
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The values are quoted if they contain, for example, spaces. You could the spaces with underscores for example before they are returned and perhaps switch them back afterwards?

| eval search=replace(search," ","_")
| format "" "" "" "" "" ""
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...