Splunk Enterprise

How to log in to Splunk Web as an admin after trial license has expired and forgotten credentials?

xzp521

My Enterprise Trial license has expired. How can I log into Splunk Web as the admin use? I don't know the username and password. 

---- Below is steps to switch licensing ----

You can change from the Enterprise Trial license to a Free license at any time. To switch licenses:

1. Log in to Splunk Web as a user in the admin role
  2. Select Settings > Licensing
  3. Click Change License Group
  4. Select Free license
  5. Click Save
  6. You are prompted to restart

If your Enterprise Trial license has expired, use the above procedure except that you can only log into Splunk Web as the admin user. No other credentials will work.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

Hello @xzp521 , you can try this 

a) Move the existing passwd file: $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd to a backup location.
b) Create a user-seed.conf file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local containing the username and new password
[user_info]
USERNAME = admin
PASSWORD = <password>
c) Restart Splunk and login with above set credentials.
d) A new set of pwd will be created by Splunk in etc/passwd file and user-seed.conf file should be deleted by Splunk. Now, merge the backup of passwd file with new etc/passwd file with

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...