Splunk Enterprise

How to integrate Proxy certificate into Splunk Python?

ckp123
Path Finder

I am getting error "unable to verify SSL certificate" error while AWS / GCP addon is trying to fetch data from AWS / GCP cloud respectively. I need to configure Proxy to access internet from Splunk enterprise servers. 

Please let me know how to get it the proxy certificate incorporated into splunk servers. 

PS : when I am trying to connect directly to internet without Proxy , I am not facing any issues. 

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Firstly I'd check by hand how is your proxied connection different than the straight one. I suppose your organization is doing some kind of TLS inspection decrypting traffic and "repacking" it again with your own CA-generated certificate but it's always nice to confirm (and check in appropriate corporate policies whether this is a legitimate action or is someone playing with something he shouldn't have). Use curl -v and compare certificate data on the connection with and without proxy.

You need to add the proper CA certificates to the trusted store for the input. The solution for AWS add-on is here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/AWS/Troubleshooting#Certificate_verify_failed_...

The GCP add-on should have similar solution somewhere.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...