Splunk Enterprise

How to fix frozen folder not splitting up by indexes that instead have $_index_name at the root folder on the volume?

avivfri
Explorer

Hello

I noticed that my frozen folder are not splitting up by indexes. Instead I have "$_index_name" at the root folder on the volume.

this is my configuration:

[default]
maxTotalDataSizeMB = 1000000
frozenTimePeriodInSecs = 13824000
homePath = volume:hot/$_index_name/db
coldPath = volume:cold/$_index_name/colddb
tstatsHomePath = volume:hot/$_index_name/datamodel_summary
summaryHomePath = volume:hot/$_index_name/summary
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB/$_index_name/thaweddb
coldToFrozenDir = /frozen/$_index_name/frozendb
repFactor=auto

is there a way to fix it?

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The docs to indexes.conf suggest that the placeholder $_index_name is _not_ supported for the coldToFrozenDir setting. So you'd have to overwrite it to a specific value for each index.

View solution in original post

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The docs to indexes.conf suggest that the placeholder $_index_name is _not_ supported for the coldToFrozenDir setting. So you'd have to overwrite it to a specific value for each index.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...