Splunk Enterprise

How to find all the searches having not field parameter in the search or Alert or Reports?

gulizar
Hi,

In our system, to prevent the high resources consumed, we would like to see all searches including "*" and without field. To explain, someone can search like this index=os *tktpfp*. In this search, after index information, there is not field as you can see. We want to obtain all searches written without any fields. Is there any way to see this searches by using an SPL? Can you help me about this? I appreciate your helps and efforts.

index=test error*

index=test *errror*

index=test *

Kind Regards.
Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See if this helps

| rest /services/saved/searches splunk_server=local 
| rex field=search "^(?<base>[^\|]*)" 
| regex base="(?:\s\*)|(?:\s\w+\*)" 
| table eai:acl.app title search
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gulizar

Hi,

we want to find that which user used a wilcard(*) without using field in the spl. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You could see all searches from _audit index. You probably get the idea from this answer https://community.splunk.com/t5/Archive/How-to-find-all-the-searches-having-quot-index-quot-in-the/m...
r. Ismo
0 Karma

gulizar

Hi,

thank you so much. this search does not satisfy my request.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use the ReST API to retrieve dashboard detail for example, and examine the queries defined there.

| rest splunk_server=local servicesNS/-/-/data/ui/views/
0 Karma

gulizar

Hi,

thank you so much. this search does not satisfy my request. this search gave a dashboard list. i want to learn which user used the wilcard (*) character in the spl of reports and alerts.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...