Splunk Enterprise

How to extract specific filename from the lookup ?

Ashwini008
Builder

I have the following lookup and have to extract only the bold part which is my filename.

inputLookupname -Trans.log

Tue Feb 23 11:12:54 IST 2021 - trans_file.sh zouttime.gcaswb8o.600 starts
202102231112: /satn/PRY/qoutsa/zpittime.gcaswb8o.600.20210223111125 was moved to INPUT
Tue Feb 23 11:12:54 IST 2021 - trans_file.sh zxtytime.glk1a03o.600 starts
202102231112: /satn/PRY/qoutsa/zpittime.gov1a03o.600.20210223105623 was moved to INPUT

How do i capture only the the filename which is in bold?

Tags (4)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Looks like this is in the index, you can use rex command to extract highlighted text in a field myfield.

| rex "\.sh\s(?<myfield>[^\s]+)"

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

Ashwini008
Builder

@manjunathmeti Thank you. It worked. Can you tell me how the  expression is working basically? Like if there any basic rules on understanding regex expression or how it works!

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion
\.sh matches the character .sh literally 
\s matches any whitespace character.

Named Capture Group myfield 
(?<myfield>[^\s]+)
Match a single character not present in the list below 
[^\s]+
+ Quantifier — Matches between one and unlimited times, as many times as possible, giving back as needed (greedy)
[^\s]+ matches 1 or more characters except whitespace. So it will match all the characters before space.

Ashwini008
Builder

@manjunathmeti Great. Adding to that. I have below filename where i need to capture only the bold part.But all these files are in the same location.i cannot use single regex that applies to all the below file format.

How do i proceed on capturing the required format?

worldtime.xml.1
ztymp.txt.1
molu.dat.1
jss_pyuroly_7.dat.1
zpiyzygh.rtnugbhti.1
AD.CD.MBOUDN.1
DM.DEVT.IYP.IN.1
in_zpiyrmlu.rage.600.1.txt.1
in_soledt.pou.til.ssn.gpg.1.txt.1

zprunsledSCALLb1.prn.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...