Splunk Enterprise

How to create a Dashboard with check-box like selectable results to be used in second part of the same dashboard

Steve_A200
Path Finder

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible or not in Splunk classic Dashboard, but if it is, it would make the user experience much better for the Dashboard that I am trying to designing.

I have 2 panels within my dashboard.  Once the user enters the text in the search box, and press submit, then the results are displayed in a table format in rows.  The results have several columns:

_time operation_id location  account_number

What I would like to have, is for each row of data, a specific field the operation_id, be selectable like a check box beside the field value.  Typically, I expect the user to select 3-5 row at a time.  Once the user selects the rows of interest, I would like the selected row's operation_id to be used in the second pannel within the Dashboard and provide a different search and display its results.   Each operation_id in the first panel is unique, so there will be 3-5 operation_id selected. I am aware you can pass a token from the first to the second panel, but I am struggling with how to create a check-box beside each result row, so that it can be selected by the user to furnish the opration_id into the second panel (rather than copy and pasting each operation_id)

Any input on how to achieve such an interactive Dashboard would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...