Splunk Enterprise

How to check SmartStore features?

prakashsbk
Explorer

Hi All

We have installed Installed SmartStore in our environment . Need your help in validating SmartStore Features.

Have followed the below links and able to verify  the connectivity and remote store.  

basic testing is fine.

[SmartStore] How to verify splunk indexer connecti... - Splunk Community

and

Troubleshoot SmartStore - Splunk Documentation

BUT,

Need to know if there are any SPL Query or steps to show that after installing smartstore it have improved the performance. Keen on steps or data that will give as evidence that will justify Smartstore features 

Thanks and Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

SmartStore is intended to separate compute from storage.  It's not really a performance feature.  However, the Monitoring Console can give you some insight into how well SmartStore is doing.  Go to Indexing->SmartStore.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...