Splunk Enterprise

How to add Splunk Enterprise Free Trial Users?

thos13
Explorer

Hello, 

I am using the Splunk enterprise free trial. I want to add another admin. I am on the local host, so how would the other user (happens to be in another state) access their account?

Could they just download the free trial and log in with the credentials I gave them for the account? 

Or is it more complicated than that?

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not to give the other user access to your machine.

To install Splunk on a shared server requires downloading Splunk to that server or transferring the download from your machine.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

thos13
Explorer

If I installed splunk on my machine already, would I have to redownload it?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not to give the other user access to your machine.

To install Splunk on a shared server requires downloading Splunk to that server or transferring the download from your machine.

---

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You both have to use the same server, which means giving the other user access to your machine or installing Splunk on a shared machine.

Go to Settings->Users to create a Splunk account for the other person then share those credentials along with the IP address of the server.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...