Splunk Enterprise

How to deactivate SPL safeguards on Splunk Enterprise?

jotne
Builder

I have upgraded my Splunk Enterprise to 9.0 and we now get warning like this:

Some visualizations have not loaded since we detected usage of risky commands in the query.

This is OK,  and I now why and this dashboard is for admin use only.   So I like to Deactivate the warning for this dashboard only.  That way I will get warning if there are other dashboard with dangerous commands.  But if I read the documentation, it seems that I can only disable all warning or warning for some commands.  I would like to disable warning pr dashboard.  Anyone has a workaround?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.0/Security/SPLsafeguards?ref=hk

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Hi,

I think it is possible to disable / enable these warning per app level.

So if you add a web.conf in your app 
$Splunk_home\Splunk\etc\apps\yourapp\local\web.conf (where your admin dashboard resides)

with

enable_risky_command_check_dashboard=false

This should disbale the warning there.

0 Karma

jotne
Builder

It did not work.

When I did make a web.conf file like this in one app, it disabled the warning in all apps.

[settings]
enable_risky_command_check_dashboard = false

0 Karma

seemanshu
Path Finder

Hi @jotne ,

The following setting in the web.conf will help in specifying the dashboard name,

[settings]
enable_risky_command_check_dashboard = false
splunk_dashboard_app_name = <string>

Here, splunk_dashboard_app_name will help in disabling the warning to the required app only.

Kindly upvote, if found helpful. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...