Splunk Enterprise

How do I upgrade the Built-in Apps or add-ons for Splunk Enterprise? Where are the new ones found please?

SamHTexas
Builder

I have located & listed the Built-in Apps & Add-ons. Where do I find the new version of the Apps & Add-ons that come with Splunk Ent. / ES please. Thank u in advance. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To get the upgraded built-in apps, upgrade Splunk.

To get the upgraded ES apps, upgrade ES.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

Thank u very much for your message. I work in a very large environment & upgrading Splunk Ent + ES is not easy. So there is no way to upgrade the Built-in Apps & add-ons? Thank u again

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Built-in apps are not available separately.  Likewise for the apps that come with ES.

TAs are available separately, mostly on splunkbase.  Go to the Manage Apps page to see which apps have updates available for download.  Click the Update link to automatically install the update.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...