Splunk Enterprise

How do I resolve Send Email error - SMTP server?

AishwaryaAlhat
Engager

Hi all, I'm to trying to set an email alert notification using Splunk enterprise 9.0 but I am getting the following error: 

AishwaryaAlhat_0-1680232219224.png

I checked the error logs and details are below:

AishwaryaAlhat_1-1680232563182.png

Could anyone help me to understand this and guide me in right direction to resolve this error? Thanks.

Regards,

Aish

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this error message means that your splunk instance has configured to use user which haven't right to send email to your configured smtp-server.

Here is instructions how to configure your splunk to send emails. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Alert/Emailnotification

Be sure that your are using smtp-server which allow sending emails from your server. Usually there are some requirements which your client must fulfil before it can send email. You can get those from your SMTP server admin.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this error message means that your splunk instance has configured to use user which haven't right to send email to your configured smtp-server.

Here is instructions how to configure your splunk to send emails. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Alert/Emailnotification

Be sure that your are using smtp-server which allow sending emails from your server. Usually there are some requirements which your client must fulfil before it can send email. You can get those from your SMTP server admin.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

AishwaryaAlhat
Engager

Hi, 

I have configured the instance to SMTP server. Here are the details:

AishwaryaAlhat_0-1680477086604.png

Also, could you please explain in more detail (example) about: "Usually there are some requirements which your client must fulfil before it can send email." 

Thank you.

Regards,

Aish

0 Karma

psecure
Loves-to-Learn

Hello all,

I have a problem with my configuration smtp.
When I send e-mail I get this error :

2024-02-14 16:44:15,213 +0100 ERROR cli_common:482 - Failed to decrypt value: ***************************=, error: Read custom key data size=30

Someone has an idea?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...