Splunk Enterprise

How do I delete a TCP data source with a malformed IP address as the restricted host?

the4ndy

My first data source I wanted to catch all syslog from my servers on tcp port 514
i also decided to restrict the input accepted to my local subnet via the IP 10.0.13.0/24
as a result, when i go to remove the data source i get the following error.

Error occurred attempting to remove 10.0.13.0/24:514: In handler 'raw': Malformed IP address: 10.0.13.0/24:514.

is there a way to resolve this without re-installing the whole server?

EDIT: More clarification of "remove data source"

From the left hand sidebar menu, choose Data > Data Inputs
Then on the page that comes up, choose TCP
then it will show the TCP data inputs in a list and give the option on the right hand side to Clone or Delete
the delete option here fails and gives the error provided above

I apologize if I did not use proper names for the objects in Splunk, I am new to the software. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

First of all, open a support case with splunk so that they will fix this bug. Go to the CLI on the Forwarder and find the inputs.conf file that has this entry. Delete the entire stanza (but copy all of the text so that you can include in your support case). Save the file, restart the splunk instance and it will be gone.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

What do you mean by "remove the data source"? Give full description of what you are doing.

0 Karma

the4ndy

From the left hand sidebar menu, choose Data > Data Inputs
Then on the page that comes up, choose TCP
then it will show the TCP data inputs in a list and give the option on the right hand side to Clone or Delete
the delete option here fails and gives the error provided above

I apologize if I did not use proper names for the objects in Splunk, I am new to the software. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...