Splunk Enterprise

How do I create custom search & reporting app for new Teams to keep their searches separate & better organized? Thx

SamHTexas
Builder

In my large environment we have Splunk Ent. ES in a clustered environment. We are on-boarding new teams into our Splunk environment. To avoid housing all the new team's search content under the default search & reporting, how does one create a separate search & reporting so the new team don't have to deal with all the search & reporting spinning on the default one. Thanks a million for your help in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to the Manage Apps page and click the button to create a new app.  Call it "Team A" and tell team A to use this app for all of their searching, reports, etc.  Repeat the process for Team B and all other teams.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...