Splunk Enterprise

How can I move dashboard studio background image to another server?

human96
Communicator

i have  a dashboard, is there a way to move that dashboard studio screen to another server?

please provide some documentation.

0 Karma

bapun18
Communicator

Background image can be only moved if you have access to CLI

human96
Communicator

Hi, thanks for your response. yes i have access to the CLI. could you please be kind enough to guide me how to do it from CLI ?
it will be more helpful if you prove me any splunk documentation.

0 Karma

bapun18
Communicator

Hi, Check the path of the image in the dashboard XML, eg- /static/app/abcd/images/abc.png , Go to your CLI and inside the search head app directory get the image out and put it on the same server where you wanted to move the image file.

One more way is to find the name of the image from XML and login to the CLI and run"locate <image Nmae>" it will show the image location where it's available, you can use WinSCP to move the image from cli to your local pc and put where ever you want. Please accept the answer if you find this helpful.

0 Karma

bapun18
Communicator

There are several ways of doing it,

1. Edit your Dashboard go to Source copy your XML file and then go to the server where you wanted to put the dashboard in, go to search, search anything like index=_internal save it as dashboard and then edit the new dashboard and go to the source of the new dashboard and paste the XML.

2. If You have CLI access, go to the app in search head where the dashboard is part of and go to views then find your view/Dashboard name and copy it to the same location where you wanted to create the dashboard.

Hope you want to print the dashboard from one search head to another, if not if you want to print it to any other application use API call.

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @human96,

Can you provide more context on the requirement please?

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated

human96
Communicator

i have 2 servers, i want to move the studio dashboard with background image to anoither server. is there a way to do that ?

0 Karma

venky1544
Builder

Hi @human96 

Yes it will not move the background image you need to place the image at the similar location in the production environment  in whichever app you created the dashboard place the image in the /app/static in the prod environment  and the dashboard might be able to access it 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...