Splunk Enterprise

How can I monitor logs of a computer which is far of my own computer (connected to the WAN)?

jbosano
Engager

I want to follow logs on a remote computer, not connected to my lan but connected to the internet. How can I do?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

If you have the authority to connect to that computer over the internet, then you can set that connection up so that splunk shares that authority.

It might be easier or more appropriate to set the other computer up to push the logs to a place that splunk can pull them without breaching security. They could be mirrored out to a google drive, or a number of other solutions. It all depends upon your security posture with regard to each of the boxes, and the sensitivity of the data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...