Splunk Enterprise

How can I jumpstart my stalled Splunk user community and engage more users?

jmulcaster_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's been a while since we implemented Splunk Enterprise, and user engagement has stalled a bit. We also have a lot of people who are new to Splunk. Do you have any recommendations for how we can engage more users and spin up new users on how to get more out of Splunk?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jmulcaster_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Product Best Practices team provided this response. Read more about How Crowdsourcing is Shaping the Future of Splunk Best Practices.

Engaging your Splunk users and getting creative about what you can do to get more out of Splunk can be a fun problem to solve. A best practice for getting a community engaged is to create a community portal, as described in the Splunk Success Framework Handbook. Here are some more ideas you can try depending on what kind of support your user community needs.

Resources for Splunk basics

See the following video for details about creating alerts and scheduled alerts.
Creating Alerts in Splunk

Get a head start with Splunk apps and add-ons

Apps and add-ons provide ready-to-use functions to help organize and manage your data.

• Apps contain pre-built dashboards, reports, alerts and workflows, give power users in-depth data analysis, and empower business users with point-and-click analytics. Find apps compatible with Splunk Enterprise on Splunkbase. Post and share your app or explore hundreds of apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners, and our community.
  • Add-ons typically import and enrich data from any source and create a rich data set ready for direct analysis or use in an app. Use an add-on to extend Splunk Enterprise to meet your specific needs. For example, use apps to onboard data from hundreds of common sources, enrich data using other information sources, and to automatically select, identify, and tag fields.

Create use cases

Engage the users, and prospective users, by identifying their struggles that can be solved with Splunk. Follow the guidance of the Data onboarding best practices for a Splunk deployment, from the Splunk Success Framework manual, to create simple implementations such users can grow their Splunk usage from.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jmulcaster_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Product Best Practices team provided this response. Read more about How Crowdsourcing is Shaping the Future of Splunk Best Practices.

Engaging your Splunk users and getting creative about what you can do to get more out of Splunk can be a fun problem to solve. A best practice for getting a community engaged is to create a community portal, as described in the Splunk Success Framework Handbook. Here are some more ideas you can try depending on what kind of support your user community needs.

Resources for Splunk basics

See the following video for details about creating alerts and scheduled alerts.
Creating Alerts in Splunk

Get a head start with Splunk apps and add-ons

Apps and add-ons provide ready-to-use functions to help organize and manage your data.

• Apps contain pre-built dashboards, reports, alerts and workflows, give power users in-depth data analysis, and empower business users with point-and-click analytics. Find apps compatible with Splunk Enterprise on Splunkbase. Post and share your app or explore hundreds of apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners, and our community.
  • Add-ons typically import and enrich data from any source and create a rich data set ready for direct analysis or use in an app. Use an add-on to extend Splunk Enterprise to meet your specific needs. For example, use apps to onboard data from hundreds of common sources, enrich data using other information sources, and to automatically select, identify, and tag fields.

Create use cases

Engage the users, and prospective users, by identifying their struggles that can be solved with Splunk. Follow the guidance of the Data onboarding best practices for a Splunk deployment, from the Splunk Success Framework manual, to create simple implementations such users can grow their Splunk usage from.

0 Karma

adukes_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Added related video.

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've also added in the create "Create use cases" as inspired by @woodcock's comment.

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks @gjanders! I've just added that to the post. Karma coming your way as a thank you!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Find pain-points and time-wasters in people's work lives and solve those usecases with Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...