Splunk Enterprise

How can I get unique events/results every time alert matches conditions ?

admin12345678
Path Finder

Hi,

Suppose I have an alert, whenever that alert will trigger it should return a unique result only, I don't want those previous results of that same alert.

If my alert "A" triggering at "A1" time it will return  "R1" results,

at "A2" time it should return "R2" results not "R1+R2" and

at "R3" times it should return "R3" results not "R1+R2+R3"

Please tell what are the things that I need to consider,

Alert search - index=jira  "issue is not fixed"

condition- If  number of results is greater than Zero

corn schedule - */5    8-10   *   *   *

time range - last 24 hours 

Trigger - Once

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma

The_Simko
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your condition is greater than zero, then why are you doing a 24 hour window?  Set the search window to the same as your cron schedule. So only search the last 5 minutes.  
That way you only get unique instances.

Or are you needing to do the 24 hour and want to implement throttles so you don't get nagged about the same issue every 5 minutes? If so, then set thresholding.

0 Karma

admin12345678
Path Finder

Hi  @The_Simko

Thanks for your assistance but It will not work if u see me corn schedule then you will understand that alert should trigger between 8 am to 10 am, so 1st alert of the day should be on last 24 hours or last 22 hours (i.e. yesterday's 10 am to today's 8 am) then after that if I applied on last 5 minutes then it's fine but if we mention 5 minutes initially then 1st alert of the day will run from 7:55 am to 8 am which is not desirable. 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...