Splunk Enterprise

How Reliable is the Event Sampling Feature?

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

From my understanding, the event sampling works on a ratio basis, so we can have a 1:10 chance of selecting an event. I'd like to integrate this into some dashboards since it takes so long for them to load.

So my question is, has anyone used this and noticed a big variation in the data returned? Is there anyway to find the margin of error?

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

I use it, for what its for, which is to speed up trial & error on my queries. If you are any way going with a sampling approach, how accurate does it need to be? It definitely makes searches much faster.

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

I use it, for what its for, which is to speed up trial & error on my queries. If you are any way going with a sampling approach, how accurate does it need to be? It definitely makes searches much faster.

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yeah true, I guess you changed my mind about integrating it into my dashboards.. I will only use it for sampling large data sets. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...