Splunk Enterprise

Help on drilldown token

jip31
Motivator

hello

as you can see, I use a token in order to drilldown from a table panel to another table panel

<drilldown>
          <set token="host">$click.value$</set>
        </drilldown>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <table>
        <title>% de paquets VMware perdus</title>
        <search>
          <query>`index`(sourcetype=netproc_tcp" host=$host$

but when I refresh te dashboard my second panel says "waiting for input"

jip31_0-1656220535542.png

is there a solution to always display the events in the second panel and to drilldown when I click on the token field?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

At the start of your XML add an <init> section and set a default for the host token, i.e.

<form>
  <init>
    <set token="host">*</set>
  </init>

so when the dashboard first loads, or is refreshed, the default for the 'host' token will be all hosts and the second panel will show all hosts.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

At the start of your XML add an <init> section and set a default for the host token, i.e.

<form>
  <init>
    <set token="host">*</set>
  </init>

so when the dashboard first loads, or is refreshed, the default for the 'host' token will be all hosts and the second panel will show all hosts.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,

to be more sure, I'd need to see the search, anyway, having a table, please try to use:

<set token="host">$row.host$</set>

$click.value$ is for drilldown from graphs.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Hi

This returns an empty result...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...