Splunk Enterprise

Getting error "Driver version is invalid" for a MySQL connection even if driver is installed?

asabari1994

Hi All,

I am trying our Splunk Enterprise server for MySQL database monitoring. I am using a trial version of Splunk.

I have installed the Splunk DB Connect application and have installed the MySQL driver mysql-connector-j-8.0.31.jar. I am able to see that the driver is installed. And I have configured a MySQL DB connection.

asabari1994_0-1675762729478.png

But when I execute Health Check from the monitoring console for the Splunk DB Connect app, I am getting the error " One or more defined connections require the corresponding JDBC driver."

"Driver version is invalid, connection: MySQLDB, connection_type: mysql."

asabari1994_1-1675763034133.png

MySQL DB version is 8.0.23 and it's an AWS Aurora RDS instance. I did try "Splunk DBX Add-on for MySQL JDBC" to install the driver before and I had the same issue. I saw that the driver that came with this app was of a lower version than what we use in our application to connect to the database, so installed the new driver directly.

Also while trying to execute a query I am getting the error "Error in 'dbxquery' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 1."

Please help to resolve this error.

Thanks

Arun

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...