Splunk Enterprise

Fields are not showing up in "tstats"

bhsakarchourasi
Path Finder

Hi All,

There is a strange issue that I am facing regarding tstats.

When I run the query using |from datamodle: it gives the proper result and all expected fields are reflecting in result.

But when I run same query with |tstats summariesonly=true it doesn't give any result.

Any idea what to check and how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Bhaskar 

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the datamodel accelerated?  If it is not then tstats summariesonly=true will find nothing because it only looks at DM summarizations (the result of acceleration).  The from command does not require acceleration so that's why it finds results.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

bhsakarchourasi
Path Finder

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, DM is accelerated and to confirm that I have some other queries which is running for this DM with tstats.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps the tstats search is trying to use fields that are not in the DMA summary or the fields are null so stats can't be computed.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

bhsakarchourasi
Path Finder

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This make sense to me but weird part of my issue is most of the values of one field is there in tstats result not the one which I am using.

For more clarity.

field name is activityType value "22" is present in tstats but value "117" is not there.

Thanks,

Bhaskar  

0 Karma

bhsakarchourasi
Path Finder

Hi Guys,

Please help, now the required events are not coming data model at all, where I can see all the events are tagged properly, relevant fields are mapped to data model.

Is there something that I am missing currently.

Thanks,

Bhaskar 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...