Splunk Enterprise

Error while installing Splunk Add-On for VMware

ynag
Explorer

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the Splunk Add-On for VMware with the DCN OVA. 
The installation process is done according to the docs, but when trying to configure the DCN for data collection, I'm getting the below error:

"You are attempting to configure the data collection features of this system, but this has not been enabled. to enable this system to be used as a data collection scheduler, add the "splunk_vmware_admin" role to the admin account."

The admin role has the correct permissions and roles assigned to it, but I'm still getting the error.

NOTE:
When I used the "OVA Metrics" the configuration process finished as expected, but I would like to use the one without the metrics. 

Any idea?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

gamay1
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi @ynag 
This is a legacy App please check this docu : 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CPVMwareDash/latest/CP/About

It appears that you don't have sufficient permissions.
To resolve this, please assign both the 'splunk_vmware_admin' and 'splunk_vmware_user' roles to the admin user.
You can find detailed instructions in the documentation provided below:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/4.0.4/Installation/ConfigureuserrolesfortheSplunkAppforVMw...

0 Karma

satyaallaparthi
Communicator

any solution for the issue?

0 Karma

Bar_Ronen
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Following. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...