Splunk Enterprise

Encountering errors when loading analytics workspace after 8.1 upgrade

JHHenson
Engager

We have recently upgraded our non-prod Splunk Enterprise single instance environment, and have notice a couple errors when we load the analytics workspace. The errors says "Maximum call stack size exceeded." I am unsure which features of the Analytics Workspace this could be affecting, and I can't find any errors in Splunkd which could explain the cause of the errors.

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 15.40.07.png

sbrice18
Path Finder

We are having a similar issue but with permissions.  Opened a support ticket initially and it looked like a role was missing but after adding the role the error is still persistent.  We also added the capabilities that were missing with that role but that didn't fix it either.

### Missing Windows Capabilities
[capability::edit_modinput_winhostmon]
[capability::edit_modinput_winnetmon]
[capability::edit_modinput_winprintmon]
[capability::edit_modinput_perfmon]
[capability::edit_modinput_admon]

[role_window-admin]
edit_modinput_winhostmon = enabled
edit_modinput_winnetmon = enabled
edit_modinput_winprintmon = enabled
edit_modinput_perfmon = enabled
edit_modinput_admon = enabled

sbrice18_1-1639060954552.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...