Splunk Enterprise

Duplicate Values in REST API

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi,

I am using below REST API Call and able to see the results - But it is giving me duplicate values.  

In splunk I am able to see only one log whereas in REST API Call I am able to see 3 logs.   Please let me know how to eliminate the duplicate values in REST API Call

https://splunk-api-url:8089/servicesNS/nobody/appname/search/jobs/export?output_mode=json&segmentation=none&latest_time=2020-07-15T00%3A05%3A00.000&earliest_time=2020-07-15T00%3A00%3A00.000&search=|savedsearch%20savedsearchname%20|search%20Code=XXX-10-12

Note: This duplicate value could be seen only for JSON Format, for other formats it is working fine. Let me know how to eliminate duplicate values for JSON Format

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

ngohel
Engager

Having the same issue. Is there any solution?

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

No solution.

The respective application team filtered the JSON result at their end.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I suggest filing a report with Splunk Support.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

As @richgalloway suggested, this look like a good candidate for Splunk Support ticket!

davidgogogo
Explorer

@richgalloway 
we met the same problem on Splunk Enterprise 7.2.6.
if we added the savedsearch like this

index=my_index
| dedup name
| table name value

and assume the savedsearch result is like this

namevalue
aa1
bb2

but if we use splunk export API, we will get the result like this

{"preview":false,"offset":0,"result": {"name": "a", value:"1"}
{"preview":false,"offset":1,"result": {"name": "b", value:"2"}
{"preview":false,"offset":0,"result": {"name": "a", value:"1"}
{"preview":false,"offset":1,"result": {"name": "b", value:"2"}

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Can you reproduce the error using a "standard" saved search (one delivered with Splunk)? I don't have a saved search called "savedsearchname" with a Code field.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

VijaySrrie
Builder

@richgalloway 

Do you have a savedsearch named - License Usage Data Cube?

I have reproduced the error with this savedsearch.

In splunk - I ran this search for 1 minute and filtered one component where in splunk I am getting 1 log, when I try connecting the API with the same savedsearch for same timing and same filters applied, I am able to see 4 logs in JSON Mode.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...