Splunk Enterprise

Do tokens need to be unique per user?

w199284
Explorer

I've created tokens with local authentication and shared the ID and password with the users of the applications needing access. So a single userid, mapped to a role, works for multiple users running Grafana, in this case.

I'd like to do the same thing using SAML. Is it possible (and reasonable) to create a "generic token", for lack of a better phrase, and provide that to the custom dashboard users? It may still be Grafana, or maybe some other mechanism to yet be determined, passing a search string to splunk. 

For example, if I had 10 users to configure to use API access, it would seem that I'd need to generate 10 tokens, based on what I get out of the documentation. Can anyone direct me? Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...