Splunk Enterprise

Deployment Server Forwarder Management clients list

Gregski11
Contributor

we have two Deployment Servers, one has apps for all of our servers the other has apps for all of our workstations

by mistake we rolled out some Universal Forwarders to the servers and pointed them at the wrong Deployment Server, so I went through all of them and pointed them at the correct Deployment Server by editing their C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\system\local\deploymentclient.conf and restarting Splunk

now some of those servers moved to the correct Deployment Server and are listed on it's Forwarder Management page while others still remain on the wrong Deployment Server, (it has been over a week) this makes no sense to me, what could I be missing, what did I do wrong?

I am new to Splunk < 2 years experience

Labels (1)
0 Karma

SRG9
Explorer

Hi @Gregski11 

Can run following command  from splunk bin directory  via CMD 

cd C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin

splunk btool deploymentclient list

verify targetUri =  ahs correct deployment server ip configured , if yes you might need to restart the UF to take the effect. 

if UF is still pointing to incorrect deployment server, please run fowlloing command to update correct deployment server IP

splunk set deploy-poll <deploymentserverip>:8089

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...