Splunk Enterprise

Configuring SAML via .conf files only - can it be done?

kozanic_mg
Explorer

We are deploying SHC into AWS via  pipeline code and attempting to configure SAML integration as part of the build but having some issues.

When I check using btool, all the saml details are correct, but if I check details via the GUI - nothing is populated and when I attempt to use SAML to login - I get errors about blank content being passed.

If I update the GUI as well - then things seem to work - but this is not something we want to do every time we do a new build.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has come across this and worked something out?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kozanic_mg
Explorer

So... worked out that I was missing IDP cert change within my new build, once added everything just started working and all SAML settings available within GUI as well.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kozanic_mg
Explorer

So... worked out that I was missing IDP cert change within my new build, once added everything just started working and all SAML settings available within GUI as well.

0 Karma

kozanic_mg
Explorer

After a weekend to clear the brain - I have found this which indicates that config can be done via .conf files: 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.3/Security/ConfigureSAMLSSO

Now I just have to figure out why it's not working in my environment and why the settings I have configured via files are not showing in the GUI

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...