Splunk Enterprise

Combine rex field

DougiieDee
Explorer

how do i combine both these rex field into one and display the count?

index=abc
"exception":"CommonApplicationException"
| rex field=_raw "Exception\:\s(?=ABC)(?<ABC_CODE>[^\:]+)\:(?<Message>[^\"]+)"
| stats count by ABC_CODE, Message

index=abc
ABC-*
|rex field=_raw "errors\"\:\[\{\"code\"\:\"(?P<ABC_Code>ABC\-\d+)\"\,\"message\"\:\"(?P<Message>[^\"]+)" | where ABC_Code!="" | search ABC_Code=* | Stats count by ABC_Code, Message

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@DougiieDee 

Can you please try this?

index=abc ("exception":"CommonApplicationException" OR ABC-*)
| rex field=_raw "Exception\:\s(?=ABC)(?<ABC_CODE_1>[^\:]+)\:(?<Message_1>[^\"]+)"
|rex field=_raw "errors\"\:\[\{\"code\"\:\"(?P<ABC_CODE_2>ABC\-\d+)\"\,\"message\"\:\"(?P<Message_2>[^\"]+)" 
| eval ABC_CODE=if(isnotnull(ABC_CODE_1),ABC_CODE_1,ABC_CODE_2)
| eval Message=if(isnotnull(Message),Message_1,Message_2)
| where ABC_CODE!=""

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma

DougiieDee
Explorer

The results are only showing from this 

|rex field=_raw "errors\"\:\[\{\"code\"\:\"(?P<ABC_CODE_2>ABC\-\d+)\"\,\"message\"\:\"(?P<Message_2>[^\"]+)" 

other rex field didnt show the results.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@DougiieDee 

Can you please expand timerange if possible?

Meanwhile can you please share sample events from both search?

0 Karma

DougiieDee
Explorer

1. {\"errors\":[{\"code\"\"ABC-1000\",\"message\"\"Sorry we are unable to process your request.

index=abc  ABC-*
|rex field=_raw "errors\"\:\[\{\"code\"\:\"(?P<ABC_Code>ABC\-\d+)\"\,\"message\"\:\"(?P<Message>[^\"]+)" | where ABC_Code!="" | search ABC_Code=* | Stats count by ABC_Code Message

2. exception:CommonApplicationException ABC_1001:We're sorryit looks like an error occured

index=abc "exception":"CommonApplicationException"
| rex field=_raw "Exception\:\s(?=ABC)(?<ABC_CODE>[^\:]+)\:(?<Message>[^\"]+)"
| eval Message=substr(Message, 1, 140)

I have these two rex and want to combine both but because these two are different is it possible to combine them and have Stats count by ABC_Code Message?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...