Splunk Enterprise

Changing permissions on buckets

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

Hi,

I was wondering if there would be an issue with changing the permissions on the buckets. currently the permissions are set to 0700 with the files being owned by the local account for splunk. If I change the permissions to 0705 will this cause any issues?

I do not intend to keep this permission forever. I only need it to backup the primary copies of the files. The local account for splunk does not have rsync capability and only need to change this permission to perform rsync with an account that does have the capability to do so.

Regards

Arjun

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

Just an update. I did change the permissions, and that doesn't seem to have caused any problems. Not that I expected it to, but i had confirm if there are any hidden implications from this action.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

arjunpkishore5
Motivator

Just an update. I did change the permissions, and that doesn't seem to have caused any problems. Not that I expected it to, but i had confirm if there are any hidden implications from this action.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
It shouldn't hurt. Try it and let us know how it went.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...