Splunk Enterprise

Changes in $SPLUNK_HOME/share?

TheEggi98
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

i work with Splunk Enterprise and wonder if i can modify content in share folder.

I would like to change the fonts of the web-GUI to our corporate fonts and found the fonts used by splunk in $SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/fonts and the CSS for that in ../exposed/build/css/bootstrap-enterprise.css (searched for proxima in the css)

Will it have any Impact on splunk Version updates or Splunksupport if i change the Fonts to corporate Fonts?

Thanks in Advance for your answers

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I can think of 3 effects of that.

1) The manifest will not match so there will be banner messages about the changed files.

2) Splunk upgrades will overwrite the changes so they will have to be re-applied.

3) Support may choose to refuse to help until the original files are restored.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I can think of 3 effects of that.

1) The manifest will not match so there will be banner messages about the changed files.

2) Splunk upgrades will overwrite the changes so they will have to be re-applied.

3) Support may choose to refuse to help until the original files are restored.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...